16th Annual Montford Arts and Music Festival
Artist (Shared Booth) Application
Saturday May 18, 2019 10-7
On Montford Avenue, between Chestnut and Cullowhee
Sponsored by the
Montford Neighborhood Association
April 20, 2019 - Deadline to receive artists' applications
April 20, 2019 - Cancellations up to and no refunds after this date
May 18, 2019 - Show Date - (10AM-7PM approx.)
Early applications will receive best space allotment.
This is an outdoor festival with no rain date and no refunds due to inclement weather.
The Montford Music and Arts Festival has grown bigger and better and moved. All vendor spaces will now be located on Montford Avenue between Chestnut St. and continuing down Montford Avenue past Cullowhee. The Music Stages will be located the same, with the Food Court located on Montford.
Electricity will only be made available for food trucks.
- Each exhibitor will be provided with a 10x10' display area lined up side by side with no additional space in between booths.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for their own booth setup.
- No tables, chairs, tents or tent anchors will be provided by the festival.
- Crafts, your creations, and information should be attractively displayed.
- Table covers should be used for tables, etc.
- An image (digital or photographic) of the booth set up is required with your application.
- All art must be original and created by the artist. Four images of the artwork must be submitted with the application - these can be sent via photographs (with self-addressed stamped envelope), digitally through the online application, or url (we can download them from your website.)
- A special Premium Juried Section will be established for Artists wishing to have their work Juried. The fee is $45 and must be paid at the same time as the application. Complete rules and prize details are on the website.
- Parking is available on the street throughout the Montford neighborhood.
Festival Show Rules
- Artists and vendors must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- Table or display must be staffed by the artists.
- Booths may be shared. (*See Shared Fee and requirements)
- Exhibitors set up hours are between 7-9:00 am (exact set up time will be emailed). Arrivals after 9:00 am are at discretion of Festival to set up with no refund for set up refusal.) Booths and materials should be dropped at the booth site. Set up of booth may begin after vehicle has been removed from festival site.
- Early dismantle of booth may begin at 6:00 pm with hand truck only, no vehicles will be permitted in area until free of festival goers between 7:15 and 7:30pm.
- Exhibitors must remove their display by 8PM.
- No vehicles are allowed on the festival site after 9:00AM or before the music ends.
- Complete set up and dismantle details will be sent to each vendor prior to Festival.
- Cooking is only allowed in food trucks (that is, cooking is not permitted in booths.)
- Each exhibitor will be responsible for collecting and remitting North Carolina state and local sales tax. Any person engaged in business and making sales in North Carolina must register with the NC Department of Revenue and is required to collect and remit Sales and Use Tax and produce a certificate of registration.
- The Montford Neighborhood Association, its sponsors and employees cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to displays or artwork.
- Display areas will be located on the street pavement. Exhibitors are not allowed to nail into the pavement to secure their booth. The sidewalks behind the booths must be kept clear. Weights must be used on each tent pole. Gallon jugs of water and rope work well.
The entrance fee for artist applicants is $130. (Optional, nonrefundable juried fee is $45.00 per artists.
All fees must be made via Paypal and all fees must be paid at the time of application for your application to reach us.
Note: Booth space is limited and allocated at the discretion of the Montford Festival Vendor Coordinator.
Items marked with * are required.
Artists=$110, Artists Shared=$130, Commercial Vendors=$200, Commercial Vendors Shared=$275, Refreshment Vendors=$200, Food Trucks=$245, NonProfits=$45
All payments must be made via Paypal. Check payments only allowed with pre-approval of the Vendor Liaison (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
I will abide by the above mentioned rules. I hereby release and forever discharge from liability the Montford Neighborhood Association, its sponsors and their affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees.
Check here if you plan to leave after 6:00 PM, but before the music stops, that you understand that you will not be allowed to bring a vehicle on the festival site before the music ends.